VICE PRESIDENT, PRODUCT MANAGEMENT (HEALTHCARE FINTECH)
Reports to: Chief Product Officer
FLSA Status: Salaried/Exempt
Summary of Position:
The VP, Product Management drives the product strategy for value added products, services and technologies to elevate our brand and capabilities to become the innovator and leader in the patient financial market. Working with the Chief Product Officer, this person is responsible for defining the strategy and building an agile roadmap, including: prioritizing features, setting pricing to meet revenue and profitability goals while maintaining budget to ensure success, supporting new sales, coordinating product implementation, and interacting with a broad range of stakeholders and departments to ensure product success. This person will collaborate with internal and external partners to design, plan, market, forecast, launch, and ensure efficient maintenance of products at all stages of the product lifecycle. The VP, Product Management is responsible for providing expertise and insights into new opportunities based on market research and analysis, in addition to leveraging industry knowledge and relationships that foster innovation.
- Drive product planning and strategy developments for all product lines and integrations
- Evaluate competitive offerings, strategically identify unmet needs, and conceptualize and/or validate new product offerings, demonstrating a deep understanding of client needs and dynamics
- Drive prioritization of large product initiatives to ensure development resources are focused on highest value items on the product roadmap
- Lead and supervise day-to-day activities of Product and UI/UX teams including feature positioning, rationalization, and cost reductions
- Lead coordination with key internal stakeholders including marketing, sales, customer support, and finance to capture business, product, and high-level technical requirements
- Identify key operational metrics. Monitor and report commercial success (ROI and customer satisfaction) for newly launched and established products
- Identify product needs that can best be fulfilled with partnerships, and work closely with business development to form business partnerships that deliver value
- Create and maintain a work environment that promotes customer service, teamwork, performance feedback, individual recognition, and mutual respect
Competencies for success:
- Ability to mentor and develop product directors and managers
- Ability to influence senior leadership to adjust company strategy through product-based thinking
- Ability to influence other teams with respect to product strategy to ultimately drive client alignment and satisfaction
- Ability to drive direction for product marketing counterparts to help best position the product in a competitive marketplace
- Ability to work with peers and company senior leadership to drive integrative thinking around product strategy
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude especially during challenging times in order to lead a team through obstacles
- Ability to quickly understand new markets or opportunities and form new strategies to capture opportunities within those markets
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written. Strong presentation skills
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in a business or technical discipline. MBA or related master's degree is a plus
- 8-10+ years of experience in enterprise level software product management, including prior senior leadership experience
- Experience owning a product roadmap for a sophisticated software solution
- Experience managing products in a B2B, B2C, or B2B2C setting
- Understanding of and experience with agile development processes and tools
- Experience partnering with stakeholders to understand customer needs, identify trends, and prioritize for product development
- Experience leading product management teams
- Previous experience in payment technology / fintech is a significant plus
- Previous experience in healthcare billing / rev cycle and/or consumer finance is a plus
- This position can be based at VisitPay headquarters in Boise, ID (Relocation assistance may be provided); work remotely from another location; or work a hybrid schedule in both the office and remotely.
- Travel is required at 20% for this position, both to client sites and headquarters.
- Sponsorship is not available for this position.
VisitPay is a well-funded mid-growth company in a $400B growing market. We are a nationally focused company working closely with some of the nation’s largest and most well-respected health systems to provide innovative and compelling SaaS-based products. We are poised to capture significant share in the massive and growing self-pay market. Our solutions help healthcare systems optimize their revenue while providing patients with much improved and friendly billing experience.
Located in beautiful Boise, Idaho, you will have the opportunity to work with an exceptional leadership team who has significant experience building companies in consumer finance, software and analytics, and enjoy a competitive salary, benefits and equity appreciation rights, as well as a work/life balance suited to enjoy the beautiful landscape Idaho provides.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
VisitPay is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.