Production Support Engineer
Reports to: Sr Production Software Engineer
FLSA EXEMPTION: Exempt
Summary of Position:
The Production Support Engineer’s primary responsibility is to troubleshoot process failures and customer/client issues reported from different sources. They perform initial log analysis and troubleshooting to identify cause of application issues; delving deep into databases and applications to capture root cause of product issues. When technical issues with the product arise, the production support engineer must act quickly to analyze the available data and find the root cause of the problem. They may then develop a solution themselves or pass the problem on to other engineering team members, all the while providing stakeholders with progress updates.
- She/he will work with higher tiers to develop temporary fixes for the problem to ensure timely, high quality delivery and customer satisfaction.
- She/he will assist production support and client service teams troubleshooting and resolving problems arising in production for all products implemented by VisitPay.
- She/he will be writing SQL scripts to analyze data and troubleshoot problems, and monitor and measure application health using tools like JAMS, DataDog etc.
- Communicate closely with source of escalation, complete appropriate documentation, and process issue tickets according to company methodology to ensure top notch customer service both internally and with our healthcare clients and partners.
- She/he will have to work with Client Support, Product and Engineering team to prioritize the issues and gaps noticed.
- She/he will be performing a cross-functional role that will interact with many of the other VisitPay teams as well as with our healthcare clients and vendors.
Competencies for success:
- Troubleshooting/Problem Solving - Should have sufficient troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Analytical Skill - Should have decent analytical skills to quantify the impact of production issues and to identify issues before they are reported by end users.
- Business/Technical Knowledge - Should be a quick learner to understand business rules of the products and all the production jobs/processes.
- Curiosity - Should always be keeping an eye on VisitPay application health and should be able to act before anything explodes. Curiosity is important to dig into any abnormal data noticed to avoid failures or client tickets.
- Ownership - Owns the production ticket cards assigned and responsible for doing research, data fixes and responding back to client service team.
- Handle Complexity & Pressure - Should be able to perform duties efficiently even under pressure and able to handle complex situations and problems.
- Communication & Collaboration - Communicate clearly with teammates.
- Productivity & Time Management -Should be able to finish assigned production support tickets on time.
- Flexibility - Should be flexible to switch between tasks without compromising quality. Should be able to work outside office hours in case of critical production issues
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, related field, or sufficient work experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Microsoft SQL Server projects and database querying
- Min 1 year prior product support experience
- Min 2 years’ experience in Microsoft Office tools, especially Excel
- Familiarity with any of the issue tracking systems like Jira, ServiceNow, Bugzilla, or TFS
- Knowledge in Microsoft SSMS, SSIS and SSRS platforms (Preferred)
- Knowledge in programming languages like .Net/C/C++/Java (Preferred)
- Familiarity with production monitoring tools like JAMS, DataDog, NewRelic, Stackify etc. (Preferred)
- This position is either in our Boise, ID office or remote.
- Sponsorship is not available for this position.
VisitPay is a well-funded start-up in a $400B growing market. We are a nationally focused company working closely with some of the nation’s largest and most well-respected health systems to provide innovative and compelling SaaS-based products. We are poised to capture significant share in the massive and growing self-pay market. Our solutions help healthcare systems optimize their revenue while providing patients with much improved and friendly billing experience.
Located in beautiful Boise, Idaho, you will have the opportunity to work with an exceptional leadership team who has significant experience building companies in consumer finance, software and analytics, and enjoy a competitive salary, benefits and equity appreciation rights, as well as a work/life balance suited to enjoy the beautiful landscape Idaho provides.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
VisitPay is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.